Our Search Process
- We strive to get a clear understanding of our client’s culture, current business issues being faced, and strategic plan, and how our search efforts and the candidates hired will integrate with this plan. Gaining this understanding typically entails in-depth discussions with the hiring manager and others in the organization with whom the candidate will have significant interaction.
- We help to develop a detailed job description or performance profile for the position in question. We believe that it is very important to define superior performance and the expectations for each position.
- In sourcing candidates for the target position we conduct extensive fresh research to identify potential candidates. This enables us to gain a near real-time view of the talent that is available in a market that changes daily. We then supplement that research by leveraging our extensive network of contacts within the industry. (Through this combined approach we develop a deep candidate pool consisting of talented professionals that clients often perceived were beyond their reach, or in some cases, were not even aware of.)
- While recruiting, we develop a sense of the validity of the compensation offered for the target position, relative to what market norms are for similar positions within the industry. This information, along with any other market intelligence we obtain, is provided to the client throughout the search assignment.
- After interviewing a wide variety of candidates, we narrow the field down to 3-5 semi-finalists and the candidates are issued a “homework assignment” to complete. The assignment is to complete a Questionnaire that we have specifically crafted for this particular search. Here they answer some in-depth questions regarding their ability to perform the key deliverables required for this position and they, in effect, describe in detail why they believe they are uniquely qualified for the position. The questionnaire assignment is a valuable part of our candidate assessment.
- We assist in scheduling candidate/client interviews.
- We provide candidate feedback to our client throughout the interview process.
- We present written profiles of viable candidates to the client in accordance with the agreed timelines. Profiles will include:
- Interview Summary including compensation history
- Custom candidate Questionnaire
- Summary of candidate’s needs in a new position and company
- Perform behavioral testing as requested
- We conduct formal reference checks, if requested, and present a written summary. We can also do background checks to include credit, criminal, and education.
- We facilitate/negotiate the employment offer with the selected candidate.
- We assist the selected candidate in resigning from current employment and prepare candidates to deal with the possibility of counteroffer.
Our Fee Structure is Flexible, Competitive, and Tailored to the Individual Assignment.